Wednesday, 23 October 2013

exercise 5, assignment 2

Exercise 5 kept giving me errors and I could figure out why until I realized that
1. not returning anything gets you nowhere
2. resetting your data arrays is bad
3. not appending data is bad
4. reviewing rampup notes is good

after i facepalmed for at least a day i got e5a and e5b to work. success.

assignment 2 is up, and im currently in the process of deciphering what it wants. it would have been more helpful to include more test cases, as some of the test cases are sort of confusing at first glance. im currently trying to find the root node in regextree, which i cant seem to logic out.

in class its more recursion and nodes, which is relatively straightforward material. sometimes i wish that I could have more lab time to do assignments rather than the labs which are relatively simple and easy to implement. or maybe because my lab partner is a genius.

1 comment:

  1. The four points that you learned from exercise 5 are valuable ones. Glad to hear that you learn these and did your exercise 5.

    ReplyDelete